The mission of the North Carolina School Counselor Association is to promote excellence in the profession of school counseling and the development of all students.
The purpose of the North Carolina School Counselor Association shall be as follows:
To unite in one organization all persons actively engaged in school counseling in North Carolina
- To maintain and improve professional standards in the field of school counseling
- To promote and support a clear and professional role for school counselors in the academic mission of schools throughout North Carolina
- To serve as a central clearing agency for promoting research and disseminating information pertaining to school counselors in our state.
- To work in all possible ways to encourage public interest in and support for developmental counseling programs in the schools of North Carolina
- To cooperate in purpose and function with the American School Counselor Association