WEBINAR: Oh, No! Not This Again! NBPTS Renewal Made Easy
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM ET
Webinar Log-In Open 2:30 PM -3:00 PM
To access the registration options for members, please log into the website first.
The presenters in this webinar will share information and tips about the process of NBPTS Renewal.
1) Learn the requirements for completing NBPTS Renewal for School Counselors.
2) Learn examples of accomplishments and lessons that could apply to renewal.
3) Learn examples of evidence to use to document their accomplishments.
Participants are encouraged to read the renewal requirements in advance of the webinar, found at: www.nbpts.org.
Host: North Carolina School Counselor Association
Presenters: Nicki Neumann, Ami Parker, & Tara Bissette
|Nicki Neumann has been a middle school counselor for 22 years and was formerly a family counselor. She has earned an Advanced Degree in School Counseling from Western Carolina University and is a National Board Certified Counselor, National Certified School Counselor, Master Addictions Counselor, and N.C. Licensed Professional Counselor. She is Past President of NCSCA.
|Dr. Ami Parker has been a high school counselor for seventeen years. She earned NCC and NCSC status through the National Board of Certified Counselors. In 2004, she earned National Board certification through the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards. She completed the renewal process during the 2012-13 school year. Ami is a past president of the NC Counseling Association and is currently serving as the Southwest Regional Vice President for the NC School Counselor Association.
|Tara Bissette has been an elementary school counselor for 18 years. She spent the first three years in a K-8 school and the last 15 in K-5 year-round schools. She has an Advanced Degree in School Guidance and Counseling from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She also is a National Board Certified Counselor and is nationally certified in school counseling through the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (NBPTS). She completed the renewal process through NBPTS in 2012-2013. Tara is a past president of NCSCA.
Cost: $10 for NCSCA Members, $25 for Non-Members, FREE for Student or Retired Members
There is a registration limit of 100 participants, and previous webinars have sold out.
* You will be able to log in for the webinar by 2:30 PM. It is strongly suggested that you log in before 3 PM to make sure that your computer is connected.
* Please note that we will be unable to provide refunds due to technical difficulties on the day of the webinar. Your confirmation email will include a link where you can test your computer’s connection to GoToWebinar in advance.
* In order to receive CEU credit, participants must attend the entire presentation and complete a brief evaluation. 1.0 contact hour towards a CEU will be awarded.
Professional development event refunds must be requested in writing via email. There is a 20% processing fee for refunds requested more than a month prior to the event and a 50% processing fee for refunds requested within thirty days of the event.
No refunds will be granted two weeks prior to the event.
In order for a refund request to be processed, the NCSCA Treasurer must receive the email refund request so that the time and date stamp clearly indicates the request was made within the mandatory timeframe. Send all refund requests to email@example.com